REFORMA - ZONA ROSA
A lifely area know for it's shopping, night life, gay community, and its recently established Korean community.
About the area..
Between Alameda Central Park and Chapultepec extends the heart of the great Paseo de la Reforma. When speaking of La Reforma, we talk about these places. A huge avenue framed by roundabouts that are symbols of the city: the Caballito (the Little Horse), the Diana Huntress, and the Angel of Independence. With large office buildings, hotels and restaurants, this is a busy place, always full of life and every Sunday morning, this large avenue is closed for cars and becomes a gigantic bike lane, where people ride their bike, skate, run, or just walk around.
To the south side of La Reforma rises Zona Rosa, one of the most elegant districts of the city during the Porfiriato era. The Zona Rosa has always been a bohemian neighborhood so great Mexican artists have lived here and in its streets you will find bookstores, cafes, restaurants, antique shops and other kinds of interesting shops. In recent years, the Korean community has settled in this neighborhood, adding an even more eclectic touch, if possible, to a neighborhood that is in itself fascinating already.
For decades, Zona Rosa has been the center of the LGBT community. In this friendly neighborhood you will find clubs, cabarets, and discos, as well as all kinds of specialized shops.
1. Go to La Reforma on a Sunday morning and rent a bike and join the thousands of people who come to stroll quietly down the avenue. You can also do Zumba!
2. After exercising, you can go to the Jardin de Arte (Art Garden), where artist, selected for the quality of their work, exhibit their work in the open air. Be surprised, look around, and maybe you will find something to buy.
3. If you are in shopping mode do not miss the Mercado Insurgentes de Artesanía. For sure you'll find something to take with you! On the other side is the Plaza del Angel, you will find an Antique Center will delight any lover of the old.
4. Stroll along the pedestrian street of Genoa, walk through Florence and Hamburg, go shopping, have a coffee on a terrace and relax.
5. Go out one night and have fun in its bars and clubs, mythical city. Whether or not you are gay, in the Zona Rosa you are always welcome.